Repository of TextFSM Templates for Network Devices, and Python wrapper for TextFSM's CliTable. TextFSM is a tool to help make parsing cli commands more manageable.
Full web-based HTML documentation for this library can be found over on the NTC Templates Docs website:
- User Guide - Overview, Using the library, Getting Started.
- Administrator Guide - How to Install, Configure, Upgrade, or Uninstall the library.
- Developer Guide - Extending the library, Code Reference, Contribution Guide.
- Release Notes / Changelog.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Contributing to the Docs¶
All the Markdown source for the library documentation can be found under the docs folder in this repository. For simple edits, a Markdown capable editor is sufficient - clone the repository and edit away.
If you need to view the fully generated documentation site, you can build it with mkdocs. A container hosting the docs will be started using the invoke commands (details in the Development Environment Guide) on http://localhost:8001. As your changes are saved, the live docs will be automatically reloaded.
Any PRs with fixes or improvements are very welcome!
For any questions or comments, please check the FAQ first. Feel free to also swing by the Network to Code Slack (channel
#networktocode), sign up here if you don't have an account.